Electrical Panel Services in the Denver Metro Area
The electrical panel is the heart of your home’s electrical system. While it distributes power to all the outlets and lighting throughout your house, its most important function is to provide protection from circuit overload. As with all other electrical components, electrical panels can become worn and damaged over time and require repairs or total replacement. You might also encounter the need to increase the size of your electrical service to support home improvements such as EV chargers.
At Dutch Creek Electric, we provide a full range of electrical panel services, including:
- Panel upgrades
- Circuit repair and replacement
- Breaker repair and replacement
- Smart electrical panels
Looking for an experienced electrician in the Denver Metro area that will safely handle all your electrical panel needs? Call Dutch Creek Electric at (303) 622-3744 or contact us online!
Ensuring Your Satisfaction
Living More Sustainably
We are Certified Installers Of Cutting-Edge Technology
100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
Complimentary Quotes & Estimates Available
When Should I Upgrade My Electrical Panel?
You’ve likely never given a lot of thought to your electrical panel. This component, however, is essential to the proper functioning of all your electrical equipment. It’s common for homeowners to require an electrical panel upgrade and not even realize it. There are two main reasons why an electrical panel may need to be upgraded. The first reason is safety. As a panel ages, it will become less safe and eventually require a replacement to prevent such hazards as electrocution and electrical fires.
They did a great job on the EV charger installation and it looks very professional. They even cleaned up the area once they were done.- Mark N.
Everything up to Code. And they were extremely careful about shoe covers when going through the house. Price was competitive.- Jane M.
This was the most professional group I have ever worked with, from start to finish.- Jeff R.
Electrical Panel Repairs & Upgrades
The second reason your panel may need to be upgraded is to increase your electrical system’s capacity. If your home has a service size of 100 amps or less, it may be necessary to increase the amperage to keep up with the power demands within your home. Upgrades are typically needed when adding large new appliances, such as an AC system or hot tub. However, many homes require a larger capacity simply because they have so many more devices to power than they used to.
There are several signs that it’s time to upgrade your electrical service, including:
- Frequent tripping of circuit breakers
- Your home is more than 20 years old
- Higher utility bills
- Obsolete panels like: FPE, Zinsco, Pushmatic
- Electrical panel does not have a main breaker
- No more available space for new circuit breakers for future upgrades like EV chargers, hot tubs, and solar
Dutch Creek Electric Has Partnered with Span to Bring You a Smart Electrical Panel
Span is making home energy connected and intuitive with a smart electrical panel that makes it easier to adopt clean energy and optimize power. The electrical panel is an essential part of your home, interfacing with the grid, solar, battery storage, and everything you power. Get the panel that helps you achieve your energy upgrade goals while giving you better options for managing your battery backup.
Benefits to upgrading to a Span smart electrical panel include:
- Customizable battery backup - Span lets you get battery backup without needing to down-select to only critical loads - you control and prioritize what’s most important to keep powered
- Smart monitoring and controls - Span makes it simpler to manage home energy by bringing you insights for solar, batteries, EVs, and individual home loads all in one place
- Streamlined modern design - Span brings you the latest technology advancements for clean energy adoption with a streamlined, modern design for your home